Tuesday, 4 April 2017

But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure

Sponsored post: I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group and NetGalley.
But Then I Came Back
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Eden Jones, a 17-year-old girl, feels lost after surviving a near fatal accident. Unable to connect with her family and friends, Eden forms an unlikely relationship with Joe, a boy who comes to the hospital to visit Jasmine, a friend who may soon be gone forever. Eden is the only person who can get through to Jasmine, but is she brave enough to face a world that’s bigger and more magical than she ever would have allowed?

But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


But Then I Came Back "Time is speeding, speeding while I stand perfectly still."


This was a YA contemporary story about a girl who hit her head and ended up in a coma.

Eden was a realistic character, and I liked that she didn't immediately bounce back from having been in a coma. Seeing black flowers everywhere was pretty odd though.

The storyline in this was about Eden's recovery after waking from a coma, and about another girl called Jasmine who was also in a coma in the same hospital. I did feel like Jasmine was forgotten a bit at times though, and the story seemed to go off on tangents a bit. We also got a little bit of romance, between Eden and Jasmine's best friend Joe, although not enough was made of that for me.

The ending to this was okay, but I didn't enjoy this book as much as This Raging Light.



6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment