Thursday, 18 July 2013

Easy by Tammara Webber


Easy
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.


Easy by Tammara Webber

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Easy(Source: I borrowed a copy of this book.)
18-year-old Jacqueline had never even noticed Lucas until he saved her from a man who wanted to rape her, but now she sees him everywhere.
After her boyfriend of three years dumped her so that he could ‘do’ other girls, her roommate Erin suggests she play hard-to-get with Lucas, but Jacqueline really likes Lucas and begins to get emotionally involved.
What secrets is Lucas hiding though? What happened to the man who tried to rape her? And can Lucas be more than a rebound guy?


This was an enjoyable, New Adult, contemporary romance.

I liked the characters in this book. I thought that Jacqueline’s reactions to her almost-rape were believable and I liked that Lucas instead of just rescuing her also taught her how to defend herself.
I thought that Lucas was quite sweet, although he did have a lot of secrets and he did keep pushing Jacqueline away.

I thought that the rape storyline was handled well, although I didn’t like other people’s reactions to Jacqueline and another girl’s accusations. I really hated how Jacqueline and Mindi were made to feel like it was their fault, and I hated how a lot of the boys didn’t think that they should press charges! I suspect that this is a very realistic account of what people actually think and say in this type of situation though.
I liked the romance part of the storyline, and thought that Jacqueline and Lucas were quite sweet together. I did guess one of the surprises in this story, but I didn’t guess the other one which was pretty major! The sex in this was handled really well, and wasn’t erotic or too risqué.
The ending was fairly happy, and things were tied up satisfactorily.
Overall; a good NA contemporary romance.
7 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, it was hard to see how others handled the almost rape and actual rape. But it's how it probably really goes in the real world. So sad.

    ReplyDelete