Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Between the Lines (Between the Lines #1) by Tammara Webber

Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Reid Alexander is used to getting what he wants – and what he wants next is his newest costar, Emma Pierce. The universe is lining up nicely to grant his wish, until he’s confronted with two unexpected obstacles on location: a bitter ex-girlfriend and a rival for Emma’s affections.

Emma Pierce just got her big break after years of filming commercials and made-for-TV movies. Winning the lead role in a wide-release film – opposite the very hot Reid Alexander – should be a dream come true. But Emma’s heart is hiding a secret fantasy: she wants to be a normal girl.


Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)(Source: I borrowed a copy of this book.)
17-year-old Emma is offered the opportunity to audition for a remake of Pride and Prejudice. She’s undecided as to whether she wants it the role though, until she discovers that Reid Alexander (a hot Hollywood actor) has already been cast as the male lead.
When Emma lands the part and starts filming, she finds herself the subject of Reid’s attention, but there’s also Graham – another actor who goes running with her every morning, who also seems interested.
Will Reid win Emma over? Will Emma do what loads of other girls want to do and lose her virginity to Reid? Or is Graham the one for her?


This was an okay story. After reading so many glowing reviews I kinda expected more though.

Emma was an okay character, I liked that there was no pretence over the fact that she knew who Reid was, and I liked that she tried to keep her head around him.
I thought that Reid was a pretty typical actor, a little full of himself and times and used to getting what he wanted.

The storyline was okay, although I can’t say I really liked the love triangle. Way too overdone for me. I didn’t think there was really anything special here though – we had two guys fighting over a girl, and a girl who doesn’t know which to pick, and that was basically it.
I didn’t predict who Emma would end up with, but I didn’t really care all that much. I didn’t have any strong feelings for either Reid or Graham, which was a bit of a shame, it would have been nice if at least one of these boys had gotten me excited or made my heart race a bit.
I’m hoping now that the rest of the books in this series aren’t just more of the same.
Overall; an okay YA love-triangle romance.
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I do hate when everyone seems to love a book but it's just okay for me. I do like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete