Sunday, 19 May 2013

Lash by L.G. Castillo



Lash
Blurb (from Goodreads):

Decades after being banished from Heaven for saving a life he shouldn’t have, Lash is given a chance to redeem himself. His mission: protect Naomi Duran, a young woman who has lost her faith. The assignment proves to be anything but simple when his superiors, the Archangels, withhold key information about Naomi and refuse to restore Lash’s powers. When an unexpected source reveals centuries-old secrets, his trust is shaken to the core, and he begins to doubt those whom he had once considered to be his greatest allies.

Determined to avoid anything that would risk his chances of returning to Heaven, Lash struggles with the greatest obstacle of all—his growing feelings for Naomi. But when her life is threatened by an unknown source, Lash questions the wisdom of the Archangels and his ability to keep her safe.

Soon, Lash will have to choose where to place his faith—in the home he has fought so hard to regain or in the forbidden love he can’t bear to lose.



Lash by L.G. Castillo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Lash(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author L. G. Castillo and Xpresso Book Tours.)
21-year-old Naomi has just graduated, and is ready to get on with the rest of her life, until the car accident that takes her father from her. Depressed and unable to cope, she really struggles, and eventually ends up in a group therapy session where she meets Lash.

Lash is a fallen angel. He made a mistake during an assignment, and did what he thought was right rather than what God wanted him to do, and has been banished to Earth for the last 35 years. When he is given Naomi as an assignment, and told that it is a chance for redemption, he takes it, but things start to go wrong when he meets Naomi and begins falling in love with her.

Naomi is special though, and the good angels aren’t the only ones to know this, and now Lash must keep her safe from Lucifer and his minions.
Can Lash keep Naomi safe? And can he keep his feelings for her to himself?


A thrilling angel story that will keep you glued to the page!

I’ve not had all that much luck with angel stories recently, but when I received a copy of ‘Lash’ for review I knew I had to give it a chance, and I’m glad I did!
Naomi was a great main character, the things that she felt were so real and I instantly connected with her. I felt so sorry for what she was going through, and although her actions surprised me at times, she really was a force to be reckoned with! I really liked the way she cared for her family, and her motorcycle made her slightly bad ass!

Lash was an angel with a back story. Cast out of heaven for doing something that he felt was the right thing to do, he had set in motion events that God didn’t want to happen, and his exile hadn’t been easy on him. Lash was an inherently good person though, and this was made even more evident when he realised who Naomi was, and why he had to protect her.

I loved the romance between Naomi and Lash, and although it took a while to happen, I was constantly crossing my fingers and hoping that they would admit their feelings for one another! When we eventually got a ‘love’ scene it was pretty tame, but I was just happy that they were finally together!

I liked the storyline in this book. As I said, I haven’t had much luck with angel books recently, they tend to go on about religion too much, or turn into full-on fantasy wars, which just doesn’t do it for me. This book was different though. For a start 95% of it happened on earth, and there was very little in the way of big battle scenes, which was good. I did like the finale though, and thankfully there wasn’t too much going on so it wasn’t confusing.
I liked the writing in this book, and the story seemed to flow very naturally. The tension of what would happen, and whether Lash and Naomi would admit their feelings for one another built by nicely, and I found it really difficult to put this one down!
The very end was a happy one! Yay! Although there was a hint of where the next instalment will take us. I’m just hoping that the next one will be as good or better than this one!
Overall; a great NA angel story, and a great start to the series.
7.5 out of 10.


  


4 comments:

  1. I like the look of this one. I haven't had a lot of luck with angel reads either, but this one sounds like a good one that wouldn't disappoint. Excellent review! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These interests--or perhaps passions--can be incorporated into these christian video games.
    The working conditions reported by staff at the Indonesian factories are unconscionable.


    Check out my web site new video games for xbox 360

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the story sounds really good! The last angel book that I loved was Angel Dust, and that was a long time ago. Great insight!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had great luck with angel books either. I did a post about this book so I am happy it ended up being good.

    ReplyDelete