Sunday, 17 March 2013

8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf (TaleSpins #1) by Michael Mullin


8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Written in verse, this is the previously untold story of the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. He is banished to the basement for being different and, well, weird. Yet he plays a vital - and of course previously unknown - role in the popular tale of Snow White – whose title character is an intruder Creepy refers to as "the Maid". (Intended for YA readers and up)



8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf by Michael Mullin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Michael Mullin.)
This is a short story about the 8th dwarf from the story ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarves’. The 8th Dwarf is called ‘Creepy’ and he doesn’t get along with the other dwarves!
The story is told in verse, and is actually quite funny. I often think it’s difficult to re-tell a fairy-tale in a new and interesting way, but the author pulls this off in style!
I thought this was really fun and inventive, and I think it could be even better read out loud to kids! This is one that parents will enjoy also though, especially as there were a couple of tongue-in-cheek lines, and really did make me smile!
Overall; a fun and refreshing fairy-tale story that will make you laugh!
8 out of 10.


Smashwords

6 comments:

  1. I was intriqued by the title. It sounds fun. Thanks for shring it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairytales and retellings :D This sounds like a fun read!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I roared when I read the blurb. Definitely an inspired idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this does not sound like the book for me but I am happy you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh verse! It's a style I never read before and I'm very curious to see if I would like a book in verse! This one sounds neat too with humor and originality! Props to the author! :)

    ReplyDelete