Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Happy Release Day! Fanged Princess (Fanged Princess,#1) by Elisabeth Wheatley

Fanged Princess (Fanged Princess,#1)




Blurb (from Goodreads):
I will not let my brother suffer the same loss…

Hadassah’s father, the Vampire King, punished her harshly for her choice to love a human. Now her brother, the only person in the world who still matters to her, has fallen for a human girl. Determined to keep the girl safe, the three of them flee from their home in New England and find themselves cornered with their father’s minions closing in. If they want to escape, their only hope may be to join forces with the mortal enemies of their kind…

Be ensnared in this dark tale of enduring love, revenge, and suspense from teenage author, Elisabeth Wheatley.



Fanged Princess by Elisabeth Wheatley

My rating: 6.5 out of 10 stars


Fanged Princess (Fanged Princess,#1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Elisabeth Wheatley!)
19-year-old Hadassah is a vampire, and so is her brother Damien. But Damien has done something stupid – he’s fallen in love with a human girl – Madelyn, something that his father will never tolerate, which he should know after Hadassah fell in love with a human boy and their father had him killed.

Hadassah knows that the only way to save Madelyn’s life is for them to run away, and to get as far away from their father and the rest of their family is possible. Running from their father won’t be easy though.
Can Hadassah keep Madelyn safe though? And will help come in the most unlikely of forms?


This was a short novella and Hadassah was a kick-ass female lead. I felt sorry for her for what had obviously been done to the boy she loved by her overbearing father, and thought that it was very noble of her to try and save Damien and Madelyn from the same fate.

There was plenty of action in this book, although I felt we could've got to know the characters a little better if the book hadn’t been quite so fast paced, but this is a novella so can’t really complain too much.

The ending was certainly intense, and didn’t end with a cliff-hanger! Yay! I’m guessing that we will find out more about Hadassah, Damien, and Madelyn in the next instalment.

Overall; a YA vampire novella, probably best suited to readers who like shorter reads or novellas.
6.5 out of 10.

11 comments:

  1. No cliffhanger! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadassah sounds like a great main character. I like a mc who can kick a little butt. Lovely review.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, I am alwasy more detail and more story when reading a novella, but at least it had an impact ending with no cliffhanger, that is a good thing! Sounds like a series to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the three survive the wrath of the vampire king :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds interesting - maybe something for my novella review feature! I'm always looking for more vampires. :) Thank you, thank you, no cliffhanger. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how this one would turn out. Happy it was pretty good. Happy Release day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm feeling like a rockstar right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could read your review Sarah!
    I haven't written mine yet and make it a point not to read reviews for a book until mine is posted.
    I did spot your rating and know you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes do that. I sometimes don't read reviews if I haven't read the book yet as well!

      Delete
  9. Alexa wants to read this one. I like the novellas at the end of the day when you know if you start a novel you will never go to bed. Plus I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete