Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Effortless (Thoughtless, #2) (ARC) by S.C. Stephens



Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she’d made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy . . . trust is hard.





Effortless by S.C. Stephens

My rating: 7 out of 10 stars


Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Gallery Books and Edelweiss.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Thoughtless’ Series. **Warning – some unavaoidable spoilers for book1 ‘Thoughtless’.**
Kellen and Keira are happy together, but they have a new problem to contend with – Kellen is going on tour.
Both are a little unsure how this is going to effect their relationship; Keira because Kellen has previously slept with around 1500 different girls, and Kellen because Keira cheated on Denny with him when Denny left Seattle and her for work.
How will this new development affect Keira and Kellens relationship? Can Kellen go without sex for maybe months? And can Keira be strong on her own?


The beginning of this book was just a little more of a taste of Kellen and Keira’s relationship post-Denny, before Keira has a very similar situation to deal with, when Kellen goes on tour with his band.
This is where this book has a bit of a deja-vu quality to it, only this time it’s Kellan leaving Keira on her own, rather than Denny. Keira feels like she has matured, and although they obviously both have their fears and insecurities, Keira swears that she won’t cheat, as does Kellan.
This is obviously a big thing for both of them, seeing as Kellen has a history of sleeping with anyone willing, and Keira cheated on Denny with Kellen.

At 46% Kellan and Keira begin to dabble in phone sex, only the first time they try it, Kellen is in a restaurant, and is making sex noises and talking about his boy bits and her girl bits in public! In front of his friends even! I can totally see why Keira would be embarrassed about this, and it’s actually pretty sick if you ask me. Talking erotically on a phone in a restaurant? Yuck! Bad boy Kellen!

Anyway, at 72% Kiera is seriously suspecting Kellen of being unfaithful, and all because of a lack of conversation. She feels he’s keeping something from her, and she is purposely keeping something from him because of it. This is like the first book all over again, where so much hurt could be avoided, and things cleared up if only Keira and Kellen were able to communicate a bit more freely. Again, you feel like you just want shake her and say ‘talk to him!’ as not talking is driving her to distraction. Wise up Keira! Talk to him!

I have to say that I didn’t like this book as much as the first, there wasn’t quite the tension that the first one had, but it was still good. I’m not really sure where the third book is going, but I’m guessing it’s going to be more of the same – Kellen and Keira’s long-distance relationship? Or maybe she’ll go on tour with him? Not sure.

The sex scenes in this one were just as steamy as the first, although there are a lot less of them due to the fact that Kellen and Keira are apart a lot of the time. Kellen is still a hot male lead, and continues to be very sexy and flirty, I just wish that Kellen and Keira would communicate more.

Overall; not as good as the first, but an interesting look at a difficult long-distance relationship.
7 out of 10.



This book will be re-released on January 8th 2013.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, not the biggest fan of love triangles but I do love books that show what happens after the happily ever after. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... Who to pick?... Am I right?...More than one leads to trouble

      Delete
  2. I am interested in reading the first book. Great review as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pick up that it was a sequel. It passed right by me.

      Delete
  3. Great review and I agree with you on mostly all your points. I like Thoughtless so I was excited when I got Effortless but my excitement was short lived. It did have a deja-vu quality about it. I haven't read the final book in this series and I am a little hesitant to at the moment, I think I need a breather from this series. Again thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete