Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White


Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.


Supernaturally by Kiersten White

My rating: 8.5 out of 10 stars


Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the Paranormalcy series. **Warning – Some unavoidable spoilers for Book 1 – Paranormalcy.**
Evie is now living a relatively normal life - more normal than when she was working for IPCA anyway. Unfortunatley normal seems to equal boring, which Evie thinks sucks.

Lend is now away at university, and Evie is stuck struggling to keep her grades up, so when Raquel offers her the chance to work freelance for IPCA, Evie seriously considers it, especially when Raquel tells her that she won’t have to work with faries – they’ve found a human boy (Jack), who knows how to use the fairy pathways.

Can Lend live with Evie working for IPCA though? What is Evie willing and unwilling to do for IPCA? How long will it be before she must suck someones soul or die? And can Evie hold on to Lend once he finds out he’s immortal?


I really enjoyed this book. I liked Paranormalcy and was really looking forward to this one, and it didn’t disappoint! Evie has learned that normal is pretty much boring, and when she gets the chance to do something a little more exciting, (and get her IPCA credit card back) she can’t see the harm. I could totally see where Evie was coming from here, even though it was a bit of a tough decision after everything that had happened to her at IPCA headquarters before.
I love Evie, she’s such a sweet but strong girl, and I love how she thinks about things, and how she handles herself.
Lend seems nice enough, but as he’s now away at college, he isn’t there to support Evie when she really needs it, which is a shame. I liked her Evie stayed faithful to him though, and there weren’t any sneaky love triangles creeping in.

There are loads more different paranormals in this book, even more than in Paranormalcy, and I really liked the little twists and ideas that the author came up with concerning the different paranormals, like the less-than-dreamy unicorn that Evie comes across.

I liked the storyline in this book, and there were loads of little things happening that I couldn’t anticipate. Jack was an interesting addition to the mix, although like Evie, I found him a bit annoying.

Overall; Great sequel – can’t wait to read Endlessly!
8.5 out of 10.


 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book but I want to. I get so excited when you give high ratings like this 'cause it's not very often so you know this one almost blew you away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these covers, I have added both to my wish list. So many are talking I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so lazy...I need to just get these already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This text is invaluable. When can I find out more?

    Feel free to visit my webpage; san diego auto mechanic

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is certainly a great deal to find out about this subject.
    I like all the points you have made.

    Also visit my site repair furnace

    ReplyDelete