Monday, 10 December 2012

Death (Deck of Lies #3) by Jade Varden



Death (Deck of Lies, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
All In.

I never wanted to get in this deep, but I did go looking for the truth before I was prepared to handle it. But how do you close the lid on Pandora’s box? You can’t unlearn something, or forget a dark secret once it’s been revealed.

I have no choice but to do my part to bury the truth again -- this time, someplace no one will ever be able to find it. But that’s the problem with lies. Once you start pulling threads, everything unravels.


No one is who they seem to be...not even me.



Death (Deck of Lies #3) by Jade Varden

My rating: 7.5 out of 10 stars


Death (Deck of Lies, #3)(Source: Purchased from Amazon.co.uk for only 77p!)
This is book 3 in the ‘Deck of Lies’ series, and kicks off where book 2 ‘The Tower’ left off. **Warning, some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 **
Rain has just worked out who killed Laurel Riordan (spoiler - highlight to view - her half-sister) and she’s about to confront them. What she doesn’t though is that the lies are nowhere near over. Although she may think she knows who killed Laurel, she has no idea just how many people are involved, and what other lies are still hidden.[ her half sister (hide spoiler)]

Rain is still getting her head around her convoluted family tree, and the whole Glory/Chloe/Rain thing, never mind trying to work out why Laurel was killed, and getting River out of jail. But once again, as soon as she uncovers the truth about one secret, a whole load more are uncovered!

Can Rain ever get to the bottom of the Von Shelton’s secrets and lies? Can Rain get River out of jail? And what will it cost her if she does?


This was a great third instalment in this series. I thought that we had maybe uncovered all the lies in the last two books, but there are just more and more! I have totally given up on trying to keep track of the Von Shelton and Riordan family trees because nobody is biologically who you expect them to be!

There was a little romance in this book, and again, it’s a bit complicated! We even seem to be incubating another love triangle, and I’m not sure how this one is going to work out!

Overall; I enjoyed this book, and I can’t wait to find out how it all ends in book 4 ‘Judgement’.
7.5 out of 10.


 

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this series before! I like the sounds of it and I also like that it has a good finale. I often find that the 3rd book kind of loses its flair and makes the whole series meh. I'll have to check these ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would have passed on the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete