Thursday, 8 November 2012

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel


Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1) For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss.

She wants to be mortal again.

But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven of four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction want their queen back..


Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Lenah is 592-years-old. She’s been living as a cruel, heartless vampire since she was turned when she was 15 by Rhode, a man that she fell in love with. Now Rhode has made the ultimate sacrifice – he’s given up his life to give Lenah the one thing she truly desires – to become human and live out a normal human life.

This may sound odd, but being a vampire isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. She can’t taste anything, feel anything, experience any emotion other than the ties that bind her to the men in the coven that she has created.

Now that she is human she’s got another chance though. A chance that she has longed for. Now she just has to hope that her coven don’t find her, because if they do, they’ll most certainly turn her back into the evil creature that she has come to loath.


I enjoyed this book. I have to say that I liked that Lenah didn’t act like a 16-year-old, so many vampire books have centuries old vampires acting like teens, but it was obvious in this that Lenah was more mature than that. I’m not sure that she really acted like she was 592, but she was definitely more mature than 16, although when I think about it the other characters didn’t act like 16 year olds either, so maybe this wasn’t done on purpose? Not sure.

I liked the characters in this book, Lenah was such a beautiful person, and could instantly see the attraction between her and Justin. I also liked Lenah’s new best friend Tony, although you could see the love triangle coming a mile off.

I also liked that this was a sort-of reverse vampire story – with the vampire wanting to be human. Being a vampire wasn’t all glamour and fun for Lenah, and she actually wanted the simple pleasures of being human again. I liked the way that Rhode sacrificed himself for Lenah, and she didn’t throw that sacrifice away by squandering her new human life. I liked that being a vampire wasn’t glamorous, and that there were massive drawbacks, which Lenah really disliked.

I have to say that I wasn’t all that happy with the ending. This is no fairy tale, lets put it like that, and the ending really wasn’t what I would have chosen for Lenah and her friends.

I did like this book though, it was so nice to read, and the story flowed really well. Having finished this one I am looking forward to the next one ‘stolen nights’, although I’m not sure where the story will go from here!
Overall; a different and good vampire story.
8.5 out of 10.


 

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)Días Eternos (Vampire Queen, #1)Eternity (Vampire Queen, #1)Die Nacht ist Dein (Vampire Queen, #1)Eeuwig verbondInfinite Days 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book with a different twist to a usual vampire story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of being a vampire has been glorified a lot lately. I'm happy to see one that shows more of the "cons" side than the "pros."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, it is a reverse vampire story. It sounds so good. I want to read this one bad.

    ReplyDelete