Friday, 21 September 2012

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning



Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
Blurb (from Goodreads):

MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And as Mac fights for survival on Dublin’s battle-scarred streets, she will embark on the darkest—and most erotically charged—adventure of her life. He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister’s murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac’s every thought—and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.

As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V’lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister’s diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac’s greatest enemy delivers a final challenge.…

It’s an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth—about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons…and about the world she thought she knew.


Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Dreamfever (Fever, #4)(I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to books4reviews!)
This is the fourth book in the ‘Fever’ series, and kicks off where book 3 – ‘Faefever’ left off.
Mac is being pleasured by the unseelie princes, completely lost in their thrall. Dani – the super-fast sidhe-seer eventually rescues her, but it’s up to Barrons to really bring her back from the erotic hell that she is in.
Once again Mac’s talents will be needed to try and reclaim the Sinsar-Dubh, but can Barrons really get Mac back now that she’s pri-ya? And what chance do they really stand against all of the Unseelie?

I have to admit that I liked the fact that this book seemed to have kicked up a notch from the previous three. There seemed to suddenly actually be something dramatic happening, something that affected more than just little Mackayla Lane and Barrons Books and Baubles, but I still found myself having a hard time getting through this book.
While the new improved Mac was certainly feistier and more confident than she was in the first 3 books, she was still a bit annoying unfortunately, and the brief switch to Dani as main character showed her to be annoying too.
Though I had been hoping for something to happen between Mac and Barrons, I hated that when it did actually happen, it wasn’t in the way I hoped, and totally spoiled the whole thing really!
Unfortunately I had to force myself to get through this book, it just didn’t hold my attention and Mac was just annoying. I can see why other people liked it but it just didn’t do it for me, I can’t say that I want to read the next in the series, although the cliff hanger was intriguing.
6 out of 10.


   
 
Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Dreamfever book 4 ( The Fever Series )  Fièvre fatale (Les chroniques de MacKayla Lane, #4) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Gefangene Der Dunkelheit[Roman] Fiebre anhelada (Fiebre, #4) Fiebre Anhelada = Longed Fever

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that sucks. I was hoping you would like this series. I loved it but it is really different so I can see why some people don't like it. Unfortunatly, Mac being annoying is just something you have to get used to. I got use to it so it helped me like the books better. But if Mac doesn't do it for you then yeah, you are not going to like these books. Oh well. Can't love them all.

    ReplyDelete