Sunday, 13 May 2012

Two Halves by Marta Szemik

Two HalvesTwo Halves by Marta Szemik
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
Sarah is half-human, half-vampire. She hates her vampire side, and takes serums to hide her vampire qualities. She’s also been searching for a serum that will turn her 100% human.

William is also half-human, half vampire, and is Sarah’s other half – they can’t live without each other.

Sarah and William meet and are on the run from ‘seekers’ – demons who want to kill them, as there is some kind of prophecy about Sarah and William ending the war between the vampires and demons in the underworld.

I really struggled with this book. It was slow, I didn’t find it interesting, and it really didn’t hold my attention, which was disappointing as I thought blurb sounded so good.
I forced myself to keep reading just because I hate not knowing how a book ends, but I kept having to put it down for lack of motivation, and ended up skim-reading the majority of the book.

I think one of the main problems was the amount of information constantly being presented which was just information overload for me. I was a bit confused in places – the characters are driving a hummer, then they take a plane to Brazil, and then the hummer is waiting for them when they land. How did that happen? There was also a bit of an ‘as if!’ moment when the main characters took the hummer on a raft, which was just ridiculous.

Overall; I’m glad that other people have enjoyed this book, but it just didn’t do it for me.
2 out of 10.
(Book length: 6279 kindle locations)


 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment