Sunday, 29 April 2012

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

Rumors (Luxe, #2)Rumors by Anna Godbersen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is the second time that I have read Rumors and I still love it!

Do not read this review if you have not yet read ‘The Luxe’ as there will be some unavoidable spoilers.

Elizabeth Holland is dead – well to most of New York she’s dead. After faking her death at the end of ‘The Luxe’, she’s actually living out in California with the family’s old coachman Will who she is in love with.

The Hollands family is swiftly running out of cash or valuables to sell, and so Mrs Holland is now intent on marrying off Diana instead. Diana is so not interested however, as she is secretly in love with Elizabeth’s ex-finance Henry.

Henry is taking Elizabeth’s death fairly hard as he worries that he had something to do with it, whilst Penelope is as usual scheming again. It comes as no surprise that Penelope still views Henry’s as her own, and is once again trying to entrap him into marrying her.


Even the second time around you can feel the build-up and anticipation in this book – what will become of Elizabeth and Will? What will happen to the Holland family? Who will Henry actually Marry? Because YES! There is a
wedding at the end of this book!

I really feel for the different characters in this book. Elizabeth is so happy with Will, but still feels the pull of home as she feels she has done wrong by her family by leaving in the way she did.[ I cried when Will was killed! I just couldn’t help it, it was so sad! (hide spoiler)]
Diana is obviously secretly in love with Henry, and I really feel her pain when it seems that they can’t be together, (view spoiler)[ and even more so when Henry marries Penelope! (hide spoiler)]
Penelope is just so scheming! (view spoiler)[ It drives me mad that she got what she wanted, and I really hope that something happens to wipe the smirk off of her face in the next book! (hide spoiler)]
I have to say that this book made me cry! :( It was so sad in one place and if you read it you will know why :(
(For spoilers read the review on goodreads Rumors)
This series has been so good so far and I will be moving on to the next instalment (Envy) soon!
9 out of 10.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Luxe is the first in series if I remember correctly, right? It caught my eye ages ago and still haven't had the chance to read it. Hopefully I manage to do that soon. Great review anyway!

    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Luxe is the first in the series, I'm on to the last one now Splendor. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete